- We want to encourage everyone to break free from single use plastic bags - Plastics cause the injury and death of marine species from plastic entanglement and ingestion. Single use plastic bags break down to "micro-plastics" that enter the food chain affecting not only the marine species, but also humans. Do the planet and yourself a favour by saying no to plastic bags. Take your own bag with you when you go shopping, and if you happen to be in Banks Peninsula support this amazing local initiative to help Akaroa go plastic bag free! ... See MoreSee Less
Akaroa District Promotions have made this fabulous Akaroa bag. It is good quality jute and with this graphic on both sides.
The bags retail at $12.00 (including GST) per bag.
They are a limited edition and we expect that these will be very popular.
You can purchase these bags at:
• Akaroa Dolphins shop Akaroa Dolphins
• Pohatu Penguins shop Pohatu Penguins/plunge
• Black Cat Cruises shop Black Cat Cruises
• Akaroa 4 Square
• Akaroa Information Centre. Akaroa Adventure Centre.
Unbelievable! As you can read in the hearing documents on the EPA website, this marine mining operation will impact marine mammals and other marine life off Taranaki - including the Critically Endangered Maui dolphins. This application was declined in 2014, for very sound reasons (which haven't changed). The fact it has been approved right now (just before an election) suggests that economics and politics have once again been allowed to over-ride environmental concerns and science. ... See MoreSee Less
Thank you so much Black Cat Cruises for always supporting NZ Whale and Dolphin Trust!!! Thanks to everyone that voted for the awesome pictures taken in the Akaroa Seafari (voting is still open and in it's final few days - don't miss out in choosing your favourite photo to win a Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise or Swimming With Dolphins experience!). With your votes $1,000 were raised to support research and conservation of Hector's dolphins. We couldn't be doing what we do if it wasn't for all the support from all of you! ... See MoreSee Less